Lixang Refrigeration Equipment (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd
Contact Sales at Mr. Den
About the hype of capacitive LCD touch screen concept, from the previous IPS, AMOLED, SLCD panel controversy, to now various touch panel manufacturers do their utmost to promote OGS, various display panel manufacturers do their utmost to promote In-cell or On-cell.
To get a clear picture of these three kinds of screens (i.e. On-cell screen，In-cell screen，OGS screen), you need to figure out the basic structure of the screens.
The basic structure of capacitive touch screen is divided into three layers from top to bottom: glass cover plate, capacitive touch layer, display panel.
The capacitive touch layer consists of ITO touch film and ITO substrate. The display panel from top to bottom is the upper substrate, the liquid crystal layer, and the lower substrate. In the early days, a layer of air was caused between the frame paste technology touch layer and the display panel, and the display effect was not so good. If this layer of air was removed by full lamination technology, the screen would be much less reflective and more transparent when it was lit up. The screen would be much more darker, no gray and white impressions when the screen was extinguished.
The traditional G/G, GFF screen are both the standard cover glass + touch layer + display panel layer structure. The difference is the touch layer. The touch layer of G/G screen is composed of 1 layer of ITO substrate +1 layer of ITO touch control film, and the touch layer of GFF screen has 2 layers of ITO substrates + 2 layers of ITO touch control films (ITO:X and ITO:Y). Obviously, the G/G screen is thinner.
Today the OGS screen touted by various touch panel manufacturers and the In-Cell/On-Cell screen touted by various display panel manufacturers are strongly admired by these two major manufacturers because they are both the structure of the glass cover panel + display panel layer, lack of a touch glass layer. As a result, it is relatively light and thin.
The position of the touch layer is the key to differentiate the In-Cell screen, On-Cell screen and OGS screen. The In-Cell / On-Cell screen integrate the touch layer with the display panel, and the OGS screen integrates the glass cover plate with the touch layer. To compete for industrial discourse power, touch panel makers push OGS, while display panel makers such as Apple LG, Samsung, Sharp and others are pushing In-Cell / On-Cell.
Both In-Cell and On-Cell integrate the touch layer with the display panel, so the position of ITO films embedded display panel is the key to differentiate the In-Cell and On-Cell. On-Cell is to place the ITO touch film layer on the upper substrate of the display panel. Its representative manufacturers are Samsung and LG. In-Cell is to place the ITO touch film layer under the upper substrate of the display panel and fuse with the liquid crystal layer. The representative manufacturer is Apple.
The structure of In-Cell, On-Cell, OGS is different, which makes the screen light/ degree, display effect, manufacturing cost, product yield rate and so on are different, mainly reflected in the following points:
1. In terms of screen penetration and visual effects, OGS is better than In-cell and On-cell. So, whether to adopt Apple in-cell or adopt Samsung in-cell, the pure screen penetration and visual effects are not as good as some home-made phones which are used with OGS screens.
2. In terms of lightness, the In-cell is the lightest and thinnest. This is also one of the reasons why iphone phones are made of metal fuselage and they are extremely thin.
3. In terms of screen impact resistance and fall strength, On-cell is the best, OGS is the second-best and better than In-Cell. It should be pointed out that OGS integrate cover glass with touch layer, its processing procedures weakens the strength of the glass. So the screen is also weaker. As for why Apple's In-Cell screen impact resistant is the worst, it may have something to do with its pursuit of extreme lightness. Microsoft's Nokia Lumia is also an In-Cell screen, but it has a good aided design to enhance the screen’s impact and fall resistance. It is also important to note that the In-Cell combined the touch layer with the liquid crystal layer, it is expensive to replace the touch panel with the display panel if something goes wrong with the touch screen.
4. In the aspect of touch effect, the sensitivity of OGS is the best, On-Cell is the second-best and better than In-Cell. However, sometimes the high sensitivity is not a good thing, if the OGS is not controlled to get the best processing, "jump screen" phenomenon will easily occur because of ultra-high sensitivity. The touch screen "misoperation" will probably occur because of fine dust, sweat and water vapor. In addition, the In-Cell screen directly integrates touch layer and liquid crystal layer together, sensing noise is large, so special touch chip is needed to filter and correct the sensing noise, but OGS screen and On-Cell screen are less dependent on touch chip.
5. In terms of technical requirements, both In-cell and On-cell are more complex than OGS. In production control, the difficulty and manufacturing cost of In-cell and On-cell are also higher than OGS.
6. In terms of the product yield rate, at first the yield rate of In-cell screens was relatively low, which greatly affected the supply of iphone5, but with the increasing investment of related manufacturers, the technology is now very mature. The process is very perfect and the yield rate of In-cell screens is at the same level as On-cell screens and OGS screens. The product yield rate has been greatly improved.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.